Title: ‘Rainbow Keys’ by G.L
It is Oct 2010. Yikes! The year is nearly over-ish (more/less).
Yeah - 2010 has been a great, great year for myself personally. Here are the top 5 reasons why:
- Baby In January this year, my partner and myself experienced the birth of our baby boy. The depth of emotion that we experience (now on a daily basis) took us both by surprise. All the cliche’s are true - nothing matters in the world now that we have him. To make things even better - our cat also had two beautiful kittens.
- Focus 2010 has been a year of focus for Roundhouse. We have pursued our goals with greater clarity than ever before and have finally begun to ‘tick the boxes’. Although we still have a long, long way to go with many projects in development- we have significantly refined our skill base and are starting to see some real results for a LOT of hard work.
- Community 2010 has been a year of revelation for me. I have been amazed at the scope of the community and artistic support that is out there. You only need to ask for it. Give to gain.
- Balance Combining a busy work life with a baby forces you to get organized. ‘Work smarter not harder’ is an oldie but goodie. Again - the cliche’s apply : ‘do one thing at a time and do it well’ etc….
- Truth This year, we made the ‘amazing’ decision to be even more confident in our skills as designers. You take it as a given that what you do as a designer is an evolving process as far as skills, time management, amongst other things but we came to a point especially with launching our new site that we now more than ever have a clear creative purpose and love what we do.
How has 2010 been for you so far? Have you had any personal experiences which have informed your professional practice?