Would you care for a doughnut?
Or prefer a donut?
There are numerous variants between the standard English used in the UK and US. These differences illustrate dialectical variants within our shared English language.
- Some other common examples :
- Colour (UK) - Color (US)
- Moustache (UK) - Mustache (US)
- Arse (UK) - Ass (US)
The iPhone 4 automatic spell checker can be set to the specific version of English you require.
By default it is set to American English.
Few will deny that a spell checker set to the ‘wrong’ version can be a frustrating experience when texting.
If the incorrect version has been selected, it can easily be changed.
Note that ‘English’ on the iPhone 4 is US English.
How to change US English to UK English
- Step 1 : Go to Settings – General – International – Keyboards
- Step 2 : Tap Add New Keyboard
- Step 3 : Scroll to select English (UK)
- Step 4 : On the Keyboards screen, tap Edit
- Step 5 : Delete ‘English’