The ‘Theory and Hypothesis’ of Make Believe
Humans try to avoid discomfort
Yet the suspension of disbelief is addictive
Screams provide the adrenaline rush we all crave. The dread and powerlessness we experience as suspension builds in a fantasy world is a totally intoxicating mix. The slice/ dice/ fear factor ensures there is nowhere left to hide
Fear is not ‘logic’
Vivid tension is often best expressed via abstracted sound and image. Our innate ‘fear system’ is hardwired to both emotional and biological receptors. Audience imagination must be creatively invoked to elicit the desired fear response
The Screamalicious 7
- The first time you hear the Ringwraiths in Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
- The Ring has some good screams in it from Naomi Watts
- There is lots of interesting yells, screams, and fear vocalizations by the character of Tetsuo in Akira
- Blair Witch Project had some good male screams when the guy goes missing
- Pris’s death screams in Blade Runner are creepy
- Twin Peaks: During the final episode when Agent Cooper is wandering around the Black Lodge. He encounters “evil” Laura Palmer
- The Goofy scream makes in the older Disney animations. An awesome vocalization
No doubt there are a lot more screamalicious screams from cinema … post your scream tidbits
Contact Roundhouse Now!
Book an obligation free consultation to find out more and learn how to leverage mobile technology to grow your opportunities and business revenue.
Get to know Saul Edmonds & Roundhouse
As Creative Director & Roundhouse Founder Saul Edmonds has over 20 years professional design and digital experience.
He is an expert on Brand, Website and App Development. He has worked with clients across all industry groups - including startups, small business, government and entrepreneurs - on projects of all sizes and budgets.
Saul and his team can help you grow your business and discover new possibilities with :
- strategic brand design
- web design & development
- app design and development
- digital marketing
- creative engagement
Saul Edmonds believes that every project begins with a story.
Saul and his team offer a one to one, tailored service - where he works with you closely to develop innovative solutions that will take your business to the next level.
Find out how Saul can help you turn your ideas into reality.
Book an obligation free consultation with Saul Edmonds for ideas and strategies to take your business or project to the next level. Click here to arrange your booking.
Phone : +617 1300 727 749
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about our web design here.
- Learn about our app development here.
- See our brand and logo portfolio here.