Well maybe not Mobilegeddon, but for many websites around the globe it may as well be with Google's major algorithm change that started 21st of April.
This new algorithm will be gradually rolled out worldwide, affecting mobile searches in all languages in all corners of the globe.
This April 21 Google update looks to be the biggest mobile-related algorithm change we’ve ever seen, but I'll bet that it won't be the last. If you don’t have a mobile or responsive version of your site in place by April 21 (today), your search visibility could be seriously hindered.
How to prepare
If your site is already mobile-friendly or responsive, you won’t have much to worry about. However, if you have not yet implemented a mobile strategy for your online presence, now is the critical time to get it done. Follow these steps:
- Ensure the mobile version of your site is active and functional. Responsive designs are the most popular, but you can also have a separate hosted mobile version of your site. Google doesn’t have a preference, as long as mobile users’ experience isn’t interrupted.
- Ensure Google’s mobile bots can crawl your site. If Google can’t see it, it may as well not even be there.
- Check each individual page of your site on a mobile device to ensure navigability. Just because your home page is mobile friendly doesn’t mean the rest of your site is.
Google additionally offers two tools you can use to check whether your site is mobile-friendly. First, you can use the appropriately named Mobile-Friendly Test to see whether your site meets initial qualifications. Google Webmaster Tools also contains a convenient Mobile Usability Report you can run to examine your website as Google sees it.
If you are looking to move to a New Responsive Website or Mobile Version of your existing site we have a great offer for the next month with 20% off all New Responsive Websites - See below and Contact us Today
Get to know Saul Edmonds & Roundhouse
As Creative Director & Roundhouse Founder Saul Edmonds has over 20 years professional design and digital experience.
He is an expert on Brand, Website and App Development. He has worked with clients across all industry groups - including startups, small business, government and entrepreneurs - on projects of all sizes and budgets.
Saul and his team can help you grow your business and discover new possibilities with :
- strategic brand design
- web design & development
- app design and development
- digital marketing
- creative engagement
Saul Edmonds believes that every project begins with a story.
Saul and his team offer a one to one, tailored service - where he works with you closely to develop innovative solutions that will take your business to the next level.
Find out how Saul can help you turn your ideas into reality.
Book an obligation free consultation with Saul Edmonds for ideas and strategies to take your business or project to the next level. Click here to arrange your booking.
Phone : +617 1300 727 749
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about our web design here.
- Learn about our app development here.
- See our brand and logo portfolio here.