Top 5 Creative Tips for the Artist Musician
>> The ROUNDHOUSE WAY - The Way of DO
- Make heaps of stuff. We apply the same creative process to music as to visuals.
- (It is the ‘Do’ - mantra.) If you need to produce 12 songs for your next album - produce 24 and refine. Work quickly at this stage though : this is the free n easy ‘draft’ stage.
- Stay focussed. Mind like water.
- Accidents are your best friend. So many vital discoveries in science have been the result of chance. Deliberately build error into your process. Invest thought and systems into your creative strategies. Process above results. Forget our cultural notions of survival of the fittest (where only the best survive). Sometimes the best solutions are the least suspected. We are the scientists of sound.
- Cut n paste. After your draft stage : step back. Take the best bit from one and put with another. Experiment. Explore. Above all - don’t be precious. Serve the art and not the artist.
- Don’t be critical / judgmental. This is best expressed in the Edward de Bono ‘Six Hats’ method. Leave your ‘judgmental hat’ at the door. Do first. Access later. Critique constructively. Begin again.
Music is good. Art is fun. This is your life (so best enjoy it).
3 Science Discoveries - that were chanced!
- In 1907 shellac was used as insulation in electronics. In 1907, home chemist Leo Hendrik Baekeland experimented to produce a shellac alternative. Shellac was made from beetles and used as an expensive insulation in electronics. Baekeland’s experiments yielded a moldable material that could take high temperatures without distorting - thus was plastic born.
- In 1886, pharmacist John Pemberton attempted to make a cure for headaches. He mixed together various ingredients. After eight years of being sold in a drug store , coke was marketed in bottles.
- On day in 1928, biologist Alexander Fleming left his research area without cleaning up. Upon his return he saw a strange fungus on some of his cultures. He noted that bacteria did not survive near these cultures. Penicillin became the first antibiotic.
Contact Roundhouse Now!
Book an obligation free consultation to find out more and learn how to leverage mobile technology to grow your opportunities and business revenue.
Get to know Saul Edmonds & Roundhouse
As Creative Director & Roundhouse Founder Saul Edmonds has over 20 years professional design and digital experience.
He is an expert on Brand, Website and App Development. He has worked with clients across all industry groups - including startups, small business, government and entrepreneurs - on projects of all sizes and budgets.
Saul and his team can help you grow your business and discover new possibilities with :
- strategic brand design
- web design & development
- app design and development
- digital marketing
- creative engagement
Saul Edmonds believes that every project begins with a story.
Saul and his team offer a one to one, tailored service - where he works with you closely to develop innovative solutions that will take your business to the next level.
Find out how Saul can help you turn your ideas into reality.
Book an obligation free consultation with Saul Edmonds for ideas and strategies to take your business or project to the next level. Click here to arrange your booking.
Phone : +617 1300 727 749
email : email@example.com
- Learn about our web design here.
- Learn about our app development here.
- See our brand and logo portfolio here.