iPads! Who would have thought it?
No one saw the rise of the tablet coming. When launched in 2010 - the word on the street was that iPads would never work. Apple had got it wrong. An iPad was just an oversized iPhone anyway.
Fastforward to 2013
iPad sales have exploded and other tablets are fiercely competing for a slice of the action.
Apple iPad Sales, Statistics and Usage Trends
- Apple has sold 100 million iPads since the device was introduced in early 2010
- Apple iPad accounts for 91% of tablet traffic
- The iPad has around 56% of the tablet market share
3 Key Reasons why you should market to iPad users
1. Around a quarter of all internet users browse with a tablet.
With regard to marketing, business owners should ensure their website is iPad and tablet friendly. With an increasing volume of traffic from iPads and tablets, websites which are not optimised risk losing traffic and reducing profitability.
2. Tablet Users are a demographic with a large disposable income.
It is reported that 60% of tablet users have incomes above $75,000 per year. This is an important target audience - particularly for retail, advertisers and service providers. Take advantage of this statistic with an iPad compatible site.
3. iPads are frequently used when people have 'down time'.
Typcial examples of this include use when travelling, waiting, before bed etc. This is a key window when people are likely to research and shop online. Again - great for retail, services and advertisers. An iPad and tablet friendly site is a window of opportunity that should not be missed.
What are some iPad Optimisation Tips?
- Ensure the site can be viewed in portrait and landscape mode.
- Avoid use of Flash
- Use adaptive CSS to ensure site functionality across a variety of tablets (or create a mobile version of your website to meet this requirement)
Advice to Marketers!
Say hello to iPad users with a Mobile friendly site! Don't risk missing an opportunity to reach this important target market.
Contact Roundhouse Now!
Book an obligation free consultation to find out more and learn how to leverage mobile technology to grow your opportunities and business revenue.
Get to know Saul Edmonds & Roundhouse
As Creative Director & Roundhouse Founder Saul Edmonds has over 20 years professional design and digital experience.
He is an expert on Brand, Website and App Development. He has worked with clients across all industry groups - including startups, small business, government and entrepreneurs - on projects of all sizes and budgets.
Saul and his team can help you grow your business and discover new possibilities with :
- strategic brand design
- web design & development
- app design and development
- digital marketing
- creative engagement
Saul Edmonds believes that every project begins with a story.
Saul and his team offer a one to one, tailored service - where he works with you closely to develop innovative solutions that will take your business to the next level.
Find out how Saul can help you turn your ideas into reality.
Book an obligation free consultation with Saul Edmonds for ideas and strategies to take your business or project to the next level. Click here to arrange your booking.
Phone : +617 1300 727 749
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about our web design here.
- Learn about our app development here.
- See our brand and logo portfolio here.