A brand identity describes how a company views itself internally. A clear brand identity unifies an organisation and ensures that everyone within it - shares the same understanding.
A coherent brand identity is important as it provides the foundation from which stakeholders communicate and work on a daily basis.
A brand identity richly invested in meaning for all participants promotes an effective brand.
Brand Identity : A Working Definition
A brand identity reflects how an organisation understands its own personality, noble purpose and distinctive capabilities internally.
The most successful brands exhibit strong internal brand identities - where employees are engaged and passionate about their company.
A highly motivated and engaged employee ensures a superior customer experience.
The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability.
Brand Identity - A Total Vision
Brand identity consists of the following 6 key elements:
1. Brand Capabilities
The specific ideas associated with a brand and its product or service delivery.
Examples include: 'innovation', 'distinctive quality' or 'value for money'.
- What are the products or services or values offered by this company?
- What are the relevant quality standards and how are they accessed?
- What does the company have to do well - to win loyal customers?
2. Brand Culture
The internal values of a brand.
- What is the heart and soul of the organisation?
- What are the core beliefs?
- What is the key promise made to customers?
3. Brand Purpose
The inspired purpose or goal of a company.
- What is the goal or noble aspiration of the company?
- How does the company seek to effect the lives of the people they serve?
- How does the company strive to better the lives of people?
4. Brand Personality
The human values associated with the way value, service or products are delivered.
- What is the style of the company?
- How is this style delivered?
5. Brand Community
Shared values promote stronger brands.
- What values and professional affinities are important to the company and the audience it serves.
- How is a company seeking to engage, create, promote and inspire 'big ideas' that are important to all.
6. Brand Self Image
The way a customer uses a brand in the context of their own self image.
- How do your customers want to be seen?
- What do your customers hope to achieve long term?
Do you need assistance with brand identity?
Roundhouse has been servicing businesses throughout Australia and worldwide for over 10 years. Creative director Saul Edmonds has over 20 years professional design experience.
We are dedicated to delivering strategic brand identity solutions that lead to increased profitability. We work to understand you, your business and your customers and provide tailor brand designs and strategies that connect with your audience.
Talk to Us
We can help grow your business and your brand.
Contact us here.
View our portfolio here.
Visit our sound design website here.
phone : 07 5559 0414
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
visit : 128a Varsity Parade, Varsity Lakes Gold Coast, Queensland 4227
postal : 2/ 22 Tourangeau Crescent, Varsity Lakes Gold Coast, Queensland 4227
If you enjoyed reading this article, you may also enjoy the following:
1. Brand Marketing - 6 Top Tips to Boost Your Brand Online
2. 5 Top Benefits of a CMS Website
3. 14 Keys to Quality Web Design