What is FollowFriday on Twitter?
Every Friday, thousands of people worldwide use this phrase in their tweets.
What is #followfriday?
- Follow Friday is an open day.
- A day to 'openly' recommend others.
- A day to recommend followers to other followers (inside tweets).
The idea is to personally suggest people - who you consider to be interesting and of value - to other people in your twitter network.
#followfriday offers friendly and trusted advice from those you already follow.
Interesting Twitter users are endorsed by others and discovered.
The word spreads.
Who started #followfriday?
@micah (Micah Baldwin) sent the following simple tweet in January 2009:
I am starting Follow Fridays. Every Friday, suggest a person to follow, and everyone follow him/her.
It has become international with thousands of people sharing their recommendations.
Simple Rules for #followfriday
There are 2 key rules and they are both concerned with etiquette and quality.
1. Explain your Recommendation
Take the time to say WHY a person is worth following. Without the reason, the recommendation is just a name and carries no meaning. Give the peron's name some context and weight.
2. Never recommend EVERYONE on your list
Does not work. Looks like spam. Remember #followfriday is all about personal recommendations that mean something. Quality over quantity.
How to send a #followfriday the right way
1. Send personal follow friday tweets
This is the best way.
2. Small groups
Alternatively, recommend four to six people in your list - and tell people why they should follow them.
Why #followfriday is a Good for Business
When used correctly, #followfriday can increase your following and promote your group.
- If you give people a #followfriday recommendation they may do the same for you.
- It can your Twitter ranking. It helps your twitter ranking to have a high “gratitude” index, and also to tweet live links. #followfriday is perfect for this.
- You can help promote your group to the world. Send #followfriday recommendations to all members of the group.
- Use #followfriday to say “Thank you!” to others for retweeting your posts.
- Used correctly, #followfriday can become a significant source of new followers.
For those in business, a custom Twitter background is essential if you want to stand out from the crowd. Roundhouse offers custom Twitter Designs to build your brand consistently across all media (at great prices too). Make a great first impression with a custom Twitter Design.
#followfriday one person or more, this Friday!
It is good to recommend the work of others and participation always has rewards.
Feel good and spread the word!
Creative Director Roundhouse
About Saul Edmonds
Saul is the creative director of Roundhouse, a multi disciplinary creative studio located at the Gold Coast, Queensland. He has over 20 years experience in Graphic Design, Creative Strategy and Online Development.
Contact Us Here
Let's discuss your next project!
Contact Roundhouse Now!
Book an obligation free consultation to find out more and learn how to leverage mobile technology to grow your opportunities and business revenue.
Get to know Saul Edmonds & Roundhouse
As Creative Director & Roundhouse Founder Saul Edmonds has over 20 years professional design and digital experience.
He is an expert on Brand, Website and App Development. He has worked with clients across all industry groups - including startups, small business, government and entrepreneurs - on projects of all sizes and budgets.
Saul and his team can help you grow your business and discover new possibilities with :
- strategic brand design
- web design & development
- app design and development
- digital marketing
- creative engagement
Saul Edmonds believes that every project begins with a story.
Saul and his team offer a one to one, tailored service - where he works with you closely to develop innovative solutions that will take your business to the next level.
Find out how Saul can help you turn your ideas into reality.
Book an obligation free consultation with Saul Edmonds for ideas and strategies to take your business or project to the next level. Click here to arrange your booking.
Phone : +617 1300 727 749
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about our web design here.
- Learn about our app development here.
- See our brand and logo portfolio here.